During Ieli's last visit home in January there was something we were watching, I really don't recall what it was, but someone received flowers. When we were dating Ieli and I talked about flowers once, and he very strongly told me that giving flowers is a stupid waste of money and they die anyway, so what was the point? That made me a tiny bit sad because I have NEVER gotten a big old bouquet of flowers before and I figured if we got married who would ever give me some? So while we were watching whatever we were watching, I looked over at him and said "Ahhhh, will you just ONCE, someday give me flowers? Just one time?" To which he then said "Ah, you just made me feel really bad, like you would never get the most important thing to you in your whole life." And I said "Good, you should feel bad." bwahaha!
So the week leading up to Valentines day I get a call from my silly husband asking me how he could get me some flowers...haha! I directed him to the Internet and on Valentines day this is what I got :)


I love that they are a little bit different than what you would expect from your love on Valentines day, roses are the traditional flower (which I love) but Tulips are so beautiful and orchids are so exotic...and they remind me of van Gogh. I think he chose the perfect flowers for me :)
And not only did he get me flowers I got TWO boxes of these:

Yes, those are chocolate covered strawberries. Too bad I decided to start my diet this week, huh? They are still considered a fruit, right? Even though they are mostly chocolate?
So, just so everyone knows, my husband is great (or maybe I'm just great at guilt trips...) He really works so HARD so I can stay at home with my girls. He loves me more than I ever thought anyone would, and he is the BEST daddy two little girls could ever ask for. THANK YOU BABE! I love you :)



5 comments:
you are KILLING me with this post!! first, suka and i never officially had the "flowers" talk, but i have only received flowers twice from him... and only because he was really really sorry about something and he didn't know what else to do!! second, i had to laugh when you said he called you to ask how to do it... sounds so familiar! hahaha those are the most gorgeous flower! and nice job on the strawberries too!
Yummmm! Those strawberries look good! Who wouldn't want flowers from the one they love at least once! Those boys should know! hehehe. They are beautiful! Good job to him, even though he had to ask! That was pretty funny...but the thought was there!
Guilt trip or not. I LOVE the flowers... ohhh and those strawberries... they are ALMOST too pretty to eat. I got a call on Valentine's Day... oh "Did you want me to get you something?" Hmmm. We keep hoping :)
tulips are my favorite- so beautiful! Maybe absence really does make the heart grow fonder- or something to that effect!
Vama is so going to be embarrassed! LOL
See, he is coming along, slow and getting better! Funny post!
xoxoxoxo to the Girls!
Aunty in CA.
Post a Comment