Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eva's two year tutu birthday party

So I had this crazy vision while planning Eva's birthday party. There were going to be 6 girls at the party (as well as two more baby girls) and I kept envisioning them running around in tutu's. My mom is always up for fun girlie, princess-y type of things so when I told her my idea she really ran with it. Oh my goodness was it kind of insane figuring out how to make tutu's! I got some instructions online and the first night we tried it my sister Jenny and I painstakingly cut each strip while mom trimmed up our jagged edges. We put together Eva's tutu and honestly we all wanted to be done with just that one! I did a little more reading online and discovered a MUCH easier way to cut the strips and we were done preparing the other 5 in no time. The night of the party was interesting to say the least. I was late getting to our apartment's office so we were locked out of the party room (grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!) but we carried on outside. Each girl had someone helping them make their tutu (well, Malleri and Merissa who are 8 are really the only one's who helped make theirs!) but it went pretty fast and everyone said they really had a good time. The cutest thing I think was watching all of the girls walk through our apartments to get to our house for a potty break. Watching all of them walk with their tutu's on was priceless! Even though it was kind of insane organizing things and figuring out the best way to make the tutu's it was definitely worth it :) Here are some pictures from the party, enjoy!

The birthday girl :)



Mallina's tutu'ed bum :)



The girls

No comments: