Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas is coming…

Is your goose getting fat?

Vama set up our Christmas tree yesterday. We’ve had a crazy couple of weeks getting the front room/entry way walls refinished and painted. Then the rooms had to be cleaned and put back together. So we haven’t had a chance to get everything decorated for Christmas. This morning before church I took a few shots of the girls in front of the undecorated tree in one of their Christmas ensembles. I STILL haven’t taken a picture of them in their official Christmas dresses that I would normally put in a card. Who knows if that will even happen this year! Tonight we did get the tree decorated though; the girls had a good time helping put on the ornaments. But of course we ended the night with the usual stubborn streak of not wanting to take a picture. I need to make sure I have a good night’s rest and plenty of patience before I attempt any photo taking. Seriously, if my girls ever wonder why there aren’t a lot of good pictures of them at this age I will go into great detail about their horrible behavior while taking pictures! Anyway…I hope everyone is ready for Christmas and is looking forward to spending time with their loved ones.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!















Eva quickly became quite possessive of the Madame Alexander doll ornaments.




The finished tree
This picture is pretty funny. Mallina wanted to pose as a scarecrow, and Eva decided to be a bunny. She was jumping up and down and everything!
Seriously, this is the best they can give me? Am I expecting too much for both of them to look at the camera at the same time?


Oh, and FYI…
Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!
This is one of those songs that my mom will randomly sing. I think of her whenever I hear it, and get excited because Christmas is here!

4 comments:

The Varo's said...

i love those dresses! i wanted the same one for Liahona and was so sad that the smallest size they had was 2T. I love the scarecrow and bunny shot...those girls are too funny. I don't know about you but my goose is already fat, she needs a little lipo.

Karla said...

Those dresses are ADORABLE! And I am loving the tree. We got out the tree yesterday too. First time in 3 years... you better be proud of me. :) And I am with Monica on the goose being a wee bit more plump these days. :)Just put down the Big Island Chocolate covered shortbread cookies...

Annie said...

Yeah, well, I just checked and I've got TWO geese, and they are both muy gordo :)

The Memea family said...

Did you get the dresses from Costco? They are beautiful! I love the scarecrow and bunny shot too...gave me a good laugh...they are hilarious!