Thursday, December 10, 2009

Turkey Day

At the incessant nagging of someone who shall remain nameless, but whose first name may or may not start with an "n-i-c" here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving. I will admit right here and now that I totally slacked on the picture taking. I didn't get a shot of all of us together (although, now that I think about it, we may never had ever been ALL together...Vama ditched us on Thanksgiving day...) I don't understand why that keeps happening. Major FAIL on my part. Anyhoo...

I have absolutely NO idea when my family last had Thanksgiving together. Seriously, it may have been like 1981 or something. Until last year I hadn't had Thanksgiving with any relative in YEARS (although dad did fly to Hawaii one year and we ate at Denny's and watched the sun go down over the ocean :)

This year my oldest and wisest sister (see Julie, I'm making up my OWN descriptions) and her family brought my nephew Sean out to the MTC (he's going to Samoa! Talofa!) so we actually had a Thanksgiving dinner with family! Jenny and Chuck (and baby Verl) came from AZ, Aly and Jaxson came from TX and of course we are already here :) My sister Kristie and her family were missing (the afore mentioned nagger MAY be from that part of the family) which may have been good because then we would probably have spent way too much time laughing and making fun of each other and not get enough eating in. Wait, that kinda did happen. Anyways, I LOVE my sisters and their awesome sons that were able to be here. We really don't get to see each other often enough (except for Jenny, she gets around :) and that makes me SAD. I want to take this opportunity to remind them all of the threat on their life if they don't make to UT in June for Paul and Judy's 50th anniversary :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Ask, and I shall receive! I'm a believer. Thank you for honoring my request! I can't see the photos but I love you anyways. You get an A for effort....

The Memea family said...

you are so funny! Your post just cracks me up!! Ioelu and I were just talking about your nephew and wondering when he was going to be going to Samoa. (You told me but just between you, me and whoever else reads my comment, my memory really sucks! It's good to hear that you had such a great Thanksgiving!