Friday, February 1, 2008

My Baby is Going to be ONE!

It just blows my mind how fast the past year has gone. Tomorrow is Evangeline's first birthday. This is huge for me because I feel like Mallina grew up too fast so I want Eva to stay a baby forever.

I think that typically with your first child you can't wait to see them grow up-to watch them develop and learn new things. Everything is so exciting because it is your first time experiencing these kinds of things. Then number 2 comes along and you realize how fast time goes by and you want to cherish those newborn days, every little sound, the peace you feel holding your new sleeping baby, still not far from the veil. It doesn't bother you that they don't reach milestones as quickly as your first child because you aren't ready for it to go by so fast. This is exactly how things have been for me with Eva. She is just the sweetest thing and I truly treasure her as a part of our family.

We are having a party for her tomorrow at the train park (come on out and play with us!) and hopefully will be doing some island style BBQ. I just hope its not too cold! This is her invitation-it's been doctored up by Auntie Karla :) (My version is no where near as cute)
And for nostalgia's sake, here are some shots of her from the past year.













Happy Birthday to my sweet girl!




1 comment:

The Memea family said...

She is so cute! She looks so much like Mallina yet has her own distinct look! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEAUTIFUL EVA!