Friday, January 18, 2008

I felt like Grandma "Pete" today!

When I was younger my mom's mom would braid our hair. She was an expert at it, she would pull them so tight that our eyes would be pulled back and they would last ALL DAY! Sometimes even through the next day! Here are some examples of Grandma Pete's braids:
Me and my sister Aly (sorry, these are pictures of pictures)
And one of just me :)
So I decided to see if I could do it to Mallina's hair. She has not had a fountain of hair like her little sister, she was a baldy FOREVER! The other day I did two small braids, and it came out like this:And from the front, just because this is a cute picture :)

So today I thought I would try one big one in the back, and I did it! I was so excited! Here it is, in all its glory:
Yeah, I know it's crooked, but hey, you try braiding the hair of a two year old. And she was pretty happy with it too:

3 comments:

Our son Kade said...

Hi Angela - I don't know if you remember me or not, I hope so! I saw your blog address on summer's page. This is Alicia (used to be Carper) Clark, from BYU-H, I was summer's neighbor the last couple semesters before graduation. Anyway, I've got a blog too, one I started before I got married at carpers.blogspot.com and one for my husband and I at justinandaliciaclark.blogspot.com. I'm excited you have a blog, everytime I look at my scrapbook I see the pics of you and me and summer, and wonder what you're up to. Hope to talk to hear from you soon. :) Alicia

Our son Kade said...

ps - your girls are adorable!! :) Alicia

Nic said...

You are such a show off! Are you trying to make me feel like a loser? Now I'm bound and determined....Stay tuned.....