Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow

*sigh* Last Saturday we got hit with a ton of snow. I really am not suited to live here. I think its pretty, but I don't enjoy the snow. at. all. This is what it looked like out side:


Apparently we will get a ticket if our sidewalk isn't shoveled, so Vama worked as our snow plow. The girls were dying to get out and play in the snow so we got them all bundled up to help shovel and make a snow man. When I came outside with the camera, this is what I saw. It made me laugh!

Eva was very happy to be back on the horsie Spirit. Vama and Mallina were shaking the snow off of the big pine tree, you can see how everything was just covered in snow in this shot.
Vama getting used to his snow duties.
The girls were exploring the snow covered yard.
This is called a Paul Scarlet tree, my parents gave it to my grandparents a long time ago. It has the prettiest leaves on it, and these red berries.

Then they got to building the snowman. I don't really remember ever building a snowman, and this was Vama's first snowman, so it was interesting to say the least. Eva was very diligent in bringing snow over to the snowman.



You can see how Mallina was collecting snow, she would go to a fresh spot each time and just really scoop it up. This kid is really all or nothing.


Diligent Eva, with her cute little handfuls of snow. She really reminds me of Randy from A Christmas Story. "I can't put my arms down!" haha!
Mallina's turn on Spirit, the wind was blowing the snow off of the trees, I thought it looked cool.
Mallina thought the red berries could be used to make the face of the snowman, but when Vama grabbed them he accidentally squished them. They decided to look for something else.
Eva still going at it.

Now, for some reason I never got a shot of the final snowman. I will have to make them re-create it so you all can see it :) Too bad we are just beginning February. Spring is still a ways away. *sigh*




3 comments:

Reggie said...

There is something about a winterscape that is beautiful. That being said, I hate the snow; which is one of the reasons why I live in South Carolina. I lived in upstate New York for awhile when I was growing up and I've also lived in New Jersey. The term "lake effect snow" is something I'd prefer my local weatherman never uses.

It's nice to look at, but you can have that. It's cold and miserable and I got sick and tired of shoveling snow or digging my car out every time something fell out of the sky.

Nic said...

oh my! It is stunningly beautiful, especially the red berries contrasting the white snow! I've never had to deal with the white stuff either...not gonna happen! Thank you for sharing, the girls look so happy all bundled up :) loving the pony express too!

The Memea family said...

Ok, I don't know how loud I was laughing! I love it! Not that you have to deal with it but that you still find the humor in having all that snow! I too love that picture with the tree, it is beautiful!