With the onset of 2010 comes a lot of talk about having a better year by making resolutions. This is not something that I have ever really done. I am not a goal oriented person, so it never seemed like something with which I would ever actually follow through. And I think the idea that a resolution is something I am committing to do for a whole YEAR, and most likely for the rest of my life, is just too overwhelming.
I have, however, found that spiritual goals are a little different for me. Setting a goal to say prayers or read scriptures has been more successful for me, especially if someone else has already laid out the path and I just have to follow it. With my new church calling (I am the Primary Secretary. Yikes! What were they thinking?) I have been spending a lot of time online looking at all of the resources available for me to copy. I can't believer how creative some people can be, and how willing they are to share what they have already done! One thing that just amazed me is found at this site.
Someone has created a year's worth of Family Home Evening lessons based upon what the primary will be teaching that Sunday. Looking through it just amazes me. This lady even has coloring pages and/or illustrations to use in the lesson! I am so happy that I found it. We haven't ever gotten into the groove of regular Family Home Evening so I am hoping this will do it for me, since I really don't have to prepare anything, just follow the outline! I just thought this was too good not to share. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
You can DO IT! That is pretty cool that someone is super organized like that... ahhh if only I were like that. :)I am chuckling about the Primary Secretary thing... haha! I took Nadia to nursery for the first time on Sunday... just cuz I was tired of chasing after her in the gym and she wasn't into the Sunday School lesson; it was funny hanging out with her over there, she loved it... I think April is going to be a SUPER month for spiritual growth, or at least a super month where I know what the lesson in church is on. :)
Yay for primary time!!! It is the best place to be, you will be awesome. I saw those FHE lessons, and we're on board to join in...funny thing when your kids get old enough to realize that it's MOnday night, they don't let you skip FHE! The cool part about being in primary with your kids is that you know what they've been taught so it's easier to apply it throughout the week. The new song we're learning this year is beautiful. do you love it?
I'm the primary secretary too- its a big job- bigger than I thought it would be by far. Good luck!
hi lil sis,
way to set a goal! shamwow! start while your kidlets are young, so when theyre teens they don't say "what is fhe anyway? oh, thats what the good families do" i'm not talking about my own experiences, honest:) also, i'm sure you're a little surprised to see that i'm commenting, never have before, you're my first! feel privilged, love ya, kristie
Post a Comment