Another big change is that Mallina started preschool! The public elementary school here has a free preschool program and we were lucky enough to get Mallina into it. It is needs-based and she actually had to be tested to see if she would be accepted. We were worried on the day of testing and told Mallina to dumb it down :) Should I be happy she was dumb enough to be accepted?! LOL, I will brag and tell you she had one of the highest scores and is at risk of being kicked out if another kid comes along who scored lower. We all had a good laugh at her having to be tested though....anyway...the school is only a block away from my parents house and its actually the same elementary school I went to when we lived here. Go Tigers! :) She absolutely LOVES going to school, just like I knew she would. She could have started going last year and would have been just fine. She loves the interaction with other kids and she is becoming a pro at cutting things. It's crazy to think she is old enough to be going to school, but at the same time I know she is ready for it. Honestly, time goes by entirely too fast.
And the last change is with little Eva. she is getting so big and she is so smart (yeah, I know I'm probably biased). I have been at home with her since she was 10 months old and she is VERY attached so my mom and I were both worried about her reaction to being left by me when I went to work, as well as being left behind when Mallina goes to school. She has adjusted so well though, she doesn't even bat an eye when I leave in the morning, thank goodness! She wants to go to school with Mallina though, and since my mom has been taking Mallina to school she has had to handle that. We use potty training as the excuse for now...you can't go to school unless your potty trained, right? I don't know what we'll think of when she actually is potty trained and still can't go though.
So, there you go, a nice little update on our family. Hopefully I will figure out how to balance all this again...how did I do it when I worked full time? Anyway, here are some pictures from Mallina's first day of school. After I got home we took the girls to lunch and treated them to a dipped vanilla ice cream cone :)



















7 comments:
it's about time you updated this thing! i can't believe mallina is in preschool, it makes me sad. oh and tell eva she doesn't need to be potty trained to go to school, i wasn't and i'm just fine. mwahahaha!
I MISS YOU! I'm glad life is getting more routine and you are happy! I really hope we can play a little more when the dust settles. Love you tons.
Oh my gosh the pics of her on her first day are so dang sweet! And poor little Eva left behind...Maybe she'll start to appreciate her one on one time with grandma Judy and having free reign on Mallina's stuff while she's not home :)
I'm so excited that you like your job!!! woot-woot! Good job working girl...
AWW! Mallina is so grown up! And they both are so beautiful!
Can I just say I really want a dipped cone too?!? Ahh. Love the pictures, but I too am SAD Mallina is already big enough for school :(. Hope work is going swell... miss you!
Yummy Macey's dipped Kong Kones!!
The girls are so TALL & CUTE!! Wish we could come along for the next ice cream :)
Post a Comment