Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun in the sand....box

Mallina is a digger. She would dig in the rocks in front of our apartment with one of my kitchen spoons. She was completely occupied for hours. Now that we have a yard at our disposal I really wanted to get her a sandbox and Grandma and Grandpa obliged. THANKS! Ieli and my dad built this for them and they LOVE it. Ieli spent some time playing in the sand box the other day with the girls and my nephew Jaxson (who is also here visiting Grandma and Grandpa from Texas).

Mallina the mermaid
Jaxson winning his kayak race



Mallina about to be buried for her kayak race


The shovel was a little large for Mallina


So we tried the small shovel instead. She doesn't look quite as excited.


And now for the sand castle. If you take someone who grew up on an island and ask them to make a sand castle, they make a sand castle. It was pretty funny...the whole time Jaxson kept talking about destroying the thing and it made Ieli nervous. He didn't want anyone messing with the thing until it was perfect.

The crew...excuse the fat mexican in the sand box.....hahahahaha!


What's gonna work? Team work!


THE Castle, upclose


You can see the outside "fence" that went all around it in this shot


And finally the destruction...Ieli threw Eva on the top first


Then Mallina joined in


And finally Jaxson got to destroy it too. I think that was his favorite part.



And just a really cute picture of the cousins. I put Cinderella on the tv on our room when I was going to go take a shower. Jaxson was nice enough to sit and watch it with them. He totally wasn't in to watching Cinderella. At. All. :)

5 comments:

The Lost Michiganders! said...

I love the pics! Who is the Mexican? He looks kind of familiar! I love the ones of them being buried into things...what an imagination you all have!

The Varo's said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tell the Mexican to put a shirt on!

The kids look like they had so much fun!
Email me your address so I can send you your water bottle and salt.

Karla said...

Icky, icky, sand! But I have to say they do seem to be LOVING it. Wow, sand castle, now tell him to build you a "real" castle just like it and you will be set. Miss you!

The Memea family said...

That is a pretty awesome castle! It looks like the girls are having a lot of fun! I hope you guys are doing well!

MLS said...

i luv the fat mexican comment...and i luv how the 1st 2 comments about the post are about the fat mexican in the sand box...i hope things are going well in utah...any luck on the house hunting...too bad i'm not doing my annual visit out there...i totally could've have visited...give the girls & that mexican cuz of mine my luv