Monday, July 13, 2009

Four years

How did she go from this:

to this:
so darn FAST! Before you have kids you hear people say how fast it all goes by, and of course, not ever having experienced it, you kind of nod and say "yeah." But when your own baby starts growing up, it is exciting and a little heartbreaking at the same time.

Mallina's birth was one of the hardest days of my life. It was LONG and hard and she had some troubles as she was being born. I was so glad that it was OVER. I passed out from the drugs I begged for afterward and didn't see my little baby for a few hours. When I woke up Ieli was sitting over on the couch holding his new baby girl. It was the sweetest sight I've ever seen. She is a very determined little girl and has a temper that rivals mine, but I absolutely ADORE her. She makes me laugh everyday and I love to look at her, hug her, give her kisses, brush her hair (now that she actually has some!), read stories to her and watch her play. I am truly blessed to have Mallina Kay be my daughter.

This year I thought I would post/re-post some of her sillier moments. Enjoy :)












4 comments:

Karla said...

Ahh! She makes the cutest little cowgirl! I wish I could have been there for the fun. And I loved looking back at her old pictures... I am happy I remember many of the occasions. Happy Birthday Mallina!!!

The Varo's said...

Happy Birthday Mallina Ballerina! What a sweet little girl she has become. I miss you guys too much, come back now.

The Memea family said...

Happy Birthday Mallina! I can't believe she is 4 now! Good thing we are not getting older! haha Like Karla, I wish I could have been there for the fun, too! I hope you guys had fun!

Brittany said...

these pix are so funny! i love the newborn smiling one, and the one where her eyes are HUGE! so funny