Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me and my llama(s)...

...goin' to the dentist today.

I FINALLY got my kids to the dentist, and boy did they need it. It's a lot of work taking care of three mouths all on my own.

Mallina had to get a crown on one of her molars - I felt like such a bad mom. But she was so amazing...the dentist kept saying how remarkable she was...four year olds don't let dentists do work on them, they usually have to go to the hospital and have anesthesia. I was so proud of her :) But how grateful I am that it's a molar and not a front tooth, oh the horror! This picture cracks me up. She says her tooth has armor.


Eva, on the other hand, did end up going to the hospital. Ever since her right front tooth came in I knew there was something funky going on there...it came in two pieces, so weird, but apparently a pretty normal occurrence. You can see her funky tooth in this picture pretty good (click on it to enlarge it). I learned something cool...when you are a baby, those top 4 teeth start off as one, then they split two times to make four teeth, Eva's tooth just tried to split one more time.

I took care of it the best I could, and the Dr. tried to save it, but she had to have it pulled :( Now I've got a little hillbilly toothless wonder. The anticipation of her going under general anesthesia drove me nuts, I kept having thoughts of losing her, it was just horrible. I was go grateful when they brought her back to me and she was fine. I, however, was not so fine. I got nauseous when they pulled out her IV and I had to lie down on the floor, heaven help me if either of my kids end up with any major injuries.

Getting ready for surgery in her giant pj's that had clowns (yikes!) and elephants on them.


In the wagon, about to be wheeled off for surgery. She didn't cry! yay!


Recovering in Daddy's arms. She was SAD.

The hillbilly toothless wonder :)



Oh, and in case you didn't get it, here's a little old school Sesame Street for you:

5 comments:

The Varo's said...

ahhhhh! the dentist! i love mallina's "armor" and that extra hole in eva's mouth is too cute. she looks like a big girl!

RazakFamily said...

I actually REMEMBER that episode when the girl takes her llama to the dentist!! It always made me laugh.
If it makes you feel better...our little boy already had to have some work done on his teeth as well..and he's only 3!!! You are a MUCH better mom than me, you got your kids to 4 :)

Karla said...

Ahhh. Poor little girls! I keep trying to get Nadia to brush her teeth, why is it she will put absolutley everything and anything except the toothbrush in her mouth and chew? I think I would have fainted too. :)

Nic said...

Oh poor Eva! She did so good! I always got freaked out when my girls had to get ear tubes. HOwever, I did not have to lie on the floor! hahahahaha! Oh my. I hated not being able to feed them for so many hours before, and it's freaky seeing them all groggy at the end. ugh. Sorry you had to go through all that!

Love that llama song too...

My girls have all had to have crowns, don't feel bad!

The Memea family said...

I said it before and I'll say it again....Poor Eva! She looks so cute and innocent...little did she know before she got into the wagon!! I'm glad everything went fine...for Mallina, too. Krisalyn and Kyra went to the dentist a couple weeks ago...two fillings for Kyra and one for Krisalyn. I'm glad they were in the back as well. I was so nervous for the girls just with their fillings!